Something that is always a good idea when choosing to repaint a room in your home is to plan it over a period of time. The reasons for this can be many, but here are some basics!
* Vision and Design Board. Take a Photo of your room and then begin adding colour swatches/swipes/fabrics that you like. This will help you form a lasting opinion rather than just grabbing anything on the day.
* If you still love the design and colour scheme on your board after a week or so, chances are you will be happy with the finished result for the longer term in your home.
* Get magazines and read on the web to get ideas of what colours mean, go well together etc to help you set a base for your own design. This will help get your creative juices flowing.
* Feel free to pop in to us at Hot Pot Paint in Vereeniging for some advice on colour. We are happy to help and as you can imagine see many colour combinations and designs over the years.
* When you think you are the point to paint, take home some testers and place on the wall in the room you are going to redecorate. If you are still happy with the colour after a day or two, chances are you will remain so once the full job is complete. Sometimes, seeing the actual colour on the wall can make a real impact and even sway you toward or away from an idea you had in your head, before you make the jump.
For some thoughts on how colour effects our mood, here is some further reading for you!
This Old House – Choose Paint Colours to Lift Your Mood
BBC Homes – Psychology of Colour
RealSimple.com – What Your Paint Colour Says About You!
Fox News Magazine – 10 Room Colours that Might Influence Your Emotions
Psychology Today – What Does the Colour You Choose Say About You?
Give us your feedback and thoughts, post a comment below, it is always good to hear from you 🙂 Thanks!
Grab yours whilst stocks last!
We even have a little video below for you to watch similar to the one we are showing in store right now. To secure your order, give us a call on 016 428 1113 and let us know you saw our ad on Facebook or the Web Site.
Thank you for your custom, we look forward to assisting you in store.
We are open 7:30am until 5pm Monday through Friday and until 1pm on Saturdays.
If you have any questions, please feel free to comment below. Like us on Facebook and give us feedback on this product if you have used it on your own projects previously.
In a recent post we looked at the design aspects of putting in a new kitchen and how to consider walk flow and layouts. In this article we point you toward some great web sites for inspiration and ideas on styles and types of kitchen design you can look for.
It is a good idea to create an inspiration board at home to look at over a period of time to see which design styles sit well with you over a period of a few days, even weeks. After all, spending money on a kitchen is not cheap if you go all our for a complete overhaul and you will need to spend many hours in this room over time once it is in, so better to get it right and be happy with the skin you will be living in so to speak.
Here is a list of some cool web sites we dug up for Kitchen Inspiration…
This site has a gallery of Kitchens to look over and has some stunning examples from new age to old school, love it!
This is a good site for a quick look at 10 stunning design ideas. Most are very modern in their look and feel if you prefer this type of direction for your own Kitchen Design.
This site has some inspired kitchen designs. I particularly like the idea with the one that has the incorporated seating design. Not big on the colour scheme, but the concept of the design is pretty different.
Same web site as above, but different article, this one shares 12 very different designs from the old rustic style to the ultra modern. Good for getting your juices flowing.
If you have some designs you would like to share, post a comment below 🙂
If you have photos of your own Kitchen Make Over, share that too, it would be great to see some local finished results from South Africa!